You will need:
• Clean, empty storage jar
• 1/4 Cup of Bicarbonate of Soda
• 1/4 Cup of Cornflour
• 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
• 5-10 Drops of Essential Oil of your choice (we use lemongrass)
• Melt the coconut oil and then pour into chosen jar.
• Then add the remaining ingredients and give a good stir. Add essential oil until desired scent (this is personal for everyone).
• Let the mixture set over night.
To use, simply rub fingertips over the mixture, until you have the desired amount, (the heat from your fingers melts the mixture).
That’s it! It’s really that simple.
We have used this recipe for a while now and love it! I would tend to perspire a bit sometimes and have never noticed a smell. It is very similar (if not better), to one we had previously purchased from a high street store. So we are extremely happy we have discovered this recipe and can make it ourselves. Self sufficiency for the win!
Why natural deodorant?
Because natural deodorants don’t block your pores (antiperspirants do, that’s why you don’t sweat), they allow the good bacteria on your skin to work, helping reduce odour, even when you’re not wearing deodorant. Sweat itself doesn’t cause body odour, it’s when it’s mixed with the bacteria on your skin, it can smell. Natural deodorants help control the bacteria, therefore reducing (or eliminating) the smell.